Certificate in Business Design
Improve Business Processes, Products, Services & software
Uncover business opportunities and guide businesses in improving processes, products, services and software
Business Design is a crucial role in bridging between the business problems and the possible solutions. The role is highly demanded in the digital transformation and software development industry as this role possesses the ability to uncover business opportunities and guide businesses in improving processes, products, services and software through analyzing an organization’s business processes or systems, assessing the business model or its integration with technology.
On completion of the Business Design course, learners will acquire the professional knowledge and skills essential for the role of Business Designer applicable for software development, User Experience (UX) Design or Digital Marketing industry.
Course Aim and Outcome
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- employ the necessary skills of a Business Designer to identify organization’s business needs/pain-points and uncover business opportunities
- adopt the User-Centered Design (UCD) approach to solve end-user problems and drive innovative product development
- apply the four phases of Double Diamond design thinking methodologies in business context
- research, analyze and sympathize findings into actionable business proposition
The course is intended for people eager to acquire the knowledge and skills to work as professionals in the Business Design/Analysis, UX Creative or project executive in Digital Marketing industry.
- Face-to-Face: engage with instructor and industry professionals
- Online Lessons: classes and Q&A sessions can be held via online streaming
- Online Resources: learning materials can be accessed via online learning platform
On completion of this course/workshop, learners will receive a digital version of the Certificate of Completion issued by GreenTomato Academy. GreenTomato Limited is well recognized by the industry and the knowledge and skills obtained from GreenTomato Academy will serve as a solid stepping stone for your career development.
Marco Ho, GreenTomato Academy
Proficient in managing online marketing campaigns from strategic planning to execution. Cross-disciplinary skills in Marketing, Advertising, Design and Digital Communications. Experienced in education and training in creative thinking, marketing management, digital marketing and design.
- Programme Leader, Digital Marketing, HKDI/IVE
- Deputy Programme Leader, Business with Design Management, HKDI/IVE
- External Examiner, HD in Design (Graphic Design), Department of Design, CBCC
- Master’s Degree, Design Strategies, Hong Kong PolyU
- Understand the role of Business Design (BD) and essential skillset.
- Basic concept of Agile and SCRUM project management.
- Introduction to User-Centered Design and User-Experience (UX) design for software development.
- Recognize the Double Diamond design framework for business analysis.
- Employ the Design Thinking methodologies for creative problem solving.
- Conduct Stakeholder Analysis to uncover business opportunities.
Workshop: Stakeholder Analysis
- Conduct research planning, secondary and primary research.
- Perform stakeholder research to discover user/organization needs and pain-points.
- Stakeholder research with Empathy Mapping and Competitive Analysis.
Workshop: Stakeholder Interview with Empathy Mapping
- Synthesize data for Persona Analysis.
- Persona design techniques and essential elements.
- Anticipate user scenarios to identify user goals and pain-points.
- Utilize collected data to map user journey.
- Identify key touch-points in user scenarios.
Workshop: Persona Design and User Journey Mapping
- Reframing user/business problem into actionable problem statement.
- Summarize collected information into insights and identify value innovation.
- Employ infographic presentation skills to convey critical information.
Workshop: Reframing Problem Statement
- Idea generation with brainstorming technique such as card sorting and mind-mapping.
- Develop user stories, key user activities and business requirements.
- Create logical page flows and information architecture.
Workshop: User Story Writing and Page Flow Design
- Rapid prototyping via hand sketch wireframe technique.
- Effective client communication with low-fidelity prototype design.
Workshop: Low-fidelity Wireframe design
- Iteration reviews and share with the class what you have learnt.
- Collect feedback for the pursuing the Develop Phase.
Show and Tell: Mid-term Presentation
- Build prototype with high-fidelity wireframe.
- Concept of User Interface (UI) design and UI elements.
- UI and Interaction design for functional prototype.
Workshop: High-fidelity Wireframe and Prototyping
- Plan and execute Usability Test (UT).
- Analyze testing results and reporting.
Workshop: Conduct Usability Testing
- Combine knowledge and skills from all phases into a case study portfolio.
- Show and tell, collect feedback from industry professionals and business owners.
Show and Tell: Final Presentation
|Date||:||2021/1/7 – 2/25
(Every Thursday evening)
|Time||:||19:00 –22:00 (3 hr each class)|
|Duration||:||24 hour (Total 8 classes)|
|Venue||:||Live online classes|
(Early Bird Discount HK$6,280*)
|Language||:||Cantonese + English supporting materials|
|Prerequisites||:||Applicants should be computer-literate with a sound working knowledge of the Windows/Mac operating system|
|Equipment||:||Bring your own laptop with Wi-Fi connectivity|
*Enroll before Dec 31
Complete the following form to apply for this course. Applicants will be notified by email with confirmation details and payment methods.
All personal data collected shall be used for purposes relating to the business of GreenTomato Academy and all practical measures will be taken to ensure that personal data collected are safeguarded. Read our Personal Information Collection Statement for details.