Introduction to UX/UI Design (Figma)
If you are new to UX and UI design, this would be the perfect starter course for you to experience the UX design process. Get acquainted with the industry and start a career in UX/UI design. In this course, you will learn dozens of powerful features to help you design, prototype, collaborate and share rich user experiences design (UXD).
Learn the development process and techniques through a series of lectures and workshops from basic wireframing to beautiful interactive designs in a short period of time. Define the look of the user interfaces (UI) for digital products including website and mobile app with all the knowledge and skills needed to become a UX/UI Designer.
Exercise 1: Hand Sketch Wireframe for Responsive Website Design
Workshop 1: Wireframing a Website Design (Low-Fidelity)
Workshop 2: Wireframing a Website Design (High-Fidelity)
- Creating simple Design Language System
Workshop 3: Prototyping a Website (High-Fidelity)
- Interaction design using Components
- UX design with Sticky Menu, Hover effect, Pop-up box, Scrollable page, Keyboard, Sidedrawer, Draggable carrousel, Card Slider
Workshop 4: Prototyping Website with User Interface (UI)
- Refine UI with Photos, Typography, Colors and Icons
Workshop 5: Wireframing a Mobile App Design (High-Fidelity)
- Types of mobile app page layout
- Mobile app User flow design
Workshop 6: Prototyping App with User Interface (UI)
Workshop 7: Mobile App Icon Design
Course Aim and Outcome
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- explain the concept of User Experience Design (UXD)
- apply the UX design process to plan and design UI for website and mobile app
- employ low-fidelity and high-fidelity wireframe technique to create User Interface (UI) for website and mobile app
- use software to create interactive prototype for usability testing
The course is intended for people eager to advance their career in the UX or UI Design field, as well as graphic designers looking to explore new opportunities.
- Face-to-Face: engage with instructor and industry professionals
- Online Lessons: classes and Q&A sessions can be held via online streaming
- Online Resources: learning materials can be accessed via online learning platform
On completion of this course/workshop, learners will receive a digital version of the Certificate of Completion issued by GreenTomato Academy. GreenTomato Limited is well recognized by the industry and the knowledge and skills obtained from GreenTomato Academy will serve as a solid stepping stone for your career development.
Mr. Marco Ho, Curriculum Developer and UX Specialist Linkedin
Proficient in managing online marketing campaigns from strategic planning to execution. Cross-disciplinary skills in Marketing, Advertising, Design and Digital Communications. Experienced in education and training in creative thinking, marketing management, digital marketing and design.
- Certified Professional Google UX Designer
- Programme Leader, Digital Marketing, HKDI/IVE
- Deputy Programme Leader, Business with Design Management, HKDI/IVE
- External Examiner, HD in Design (Graphic Design), Department of Design, CBCC
- Master’s Degree, Design Strategies, Hong Kong PolyU
|Date||:||2022/6/21 – 7/26 (Every Tuesday evening)|
|Time||:||19:00 –22:00 (3 hrs each class)|
|Duration||:||18 hour (Total 6 classes)|
|Venue||:||20/F., Harbourside HQ, Lam Chak Street 8, Kowloon Bay, Hong Kong.|
|Fee||:||Early Bird HK$5,382*|
(Original price HK$5,980, you saved $598)
|Language||:||Cantonese + English supporting materials|
|Prerequisites||:||Applicants should be computer-literate with a sound working knowledge of the Windows/Mac operating system.|
|Equipment||:||Bring your own laptop with Wi-Fi connectivity|
*enroll before June 3
Complete the following form to apply for this course. Applicants will be notified by WhatsApp and email with payment methods and course details.
All personal data collected shall be used for purposes relating to the business of GreenTomato Academy and all practical measures will be taken to ensure that personal data collected are safeguarded. Read our Personal Information Collection Statement for details.