Mobile App Development
Build apps with minimum coding knowledge and skills
Learn the latest trend in software development – using Low-Code (LC) and No-Code (NC) platforms to build digital products for mobile devices. The LC/NC approaches allow businesses and designers to design and build apps with minimum coding knowledge and skills.
You can now launch a product quickly, without having to worry about the technical variances in developing native apps for different operating systems or scalability requirements. The LC/NC approach is a fantastic solution for start-ups to deploy and test its app with limited time and budget. UI and UX designers may also use the LC/NC approach to implement their design into a fully functional product.
Course Aim & Outcome
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Design functional mobile app with screen navigation and interactive layout
- Connect interface to backend database for data storage
- Prepare app file package for product distribution to App Store/PlayStore
The course is intended for:
- Designers wanting to join the tech industry as UI/UX designer
- UI/UX Designers seeking to obtain the skills in implementing their design into a functional product
- Start-up and SME owners looking for a budgeted solution to product development
- Face-to-Face: engage with instructor and industry professionals
- Online Lessons: classes and Q&A sessions can be held via online streaming
- Online Resources: learning materials can be accessed via online learning platform
On completion of this course*, learners will receive a Certificate in UX/UI Design issued by GreenTomato Academy (GTA). As a member of the GT Group, GTA is well recognized by the industry and the knowledge and skills obtained from our courses will serve as a solid stepping stone for your career development.
*Must complete the course project and attend minimum 80% of the classes.
Mr. Marco Ho, Curriculum Developer and UX Specialist Linkedin
Proficient in managing online marketing campaigns from strategic planning to execution. Cross-disciplinary skills in Marketing, Advertising, Design and Digital Communications. Experienced in education and training in creative thinking, marketing management, digital marketing and design.
- Certified Professional Google UX Designer
- Programme Leader, Digital Marketing, HKDI/IVE
- Deputy Programme Leader, Business with Design Management, HKDI/IVE
- External Examiner, HD in Design (Graphic Design), Department of Design, CBCC
- Master’s Degree, Design Strategies, Hong Kong PolyU
Lesson 1: Navigation Design (with Figma)
- Navigation bar
- Tab Menu
- Menu Design
Lesson 2: Navigation Flow
- Splash page design
- Page transition (Slide, Move, Push)
- Transition loading screen
Lesson 3: Basic Interaction
- Web view
- Open website
- Open share dialog
Lesson 4: Multimedia Interaction
- Animation with Lottie and Gifs
- Play Audio
- Play Video
Lesson 5: Data Input and Interaction
- Form Input
- Make a call
- Send email
Lesson 6: Search and Filter Database
- Pull-down gesture refresh
Lesson 7: Prepare Assets for Product Launch
- Screenshots and app icon
- Dark mode for iOS (status-bar)
Lesson 8: Product submission
- Package submission
- Publish package
|Date||:||2021/9/1 – 10/20|
(Every Wednesday evening)
|Time||:||19:00 – 22:00 (3 hr each class)|
|Duration||:||24 hour (Total 8 classes)|
20/F., Harbourside HQ, 8 Lam Chak Street,
Kowloon Bay, Hong Kong.
(Early Bird Discount HK$7,182*)
|Language||:||Cantonese + English supporting materials|
|Equipment||:||Bring your own laptop with Wi-Fi connectivity|
*Enroll before Aug 20
Other courses you may find useful
Complete the following form to apply for this course. Applicants will be notified by WhatsApp and email with confirmation details and payment methods.
All personal data collected shall be used for purposes relating to the business of GreenTomato Academy and all practical measures will be taken to ensure that personal data collected are safeguarded. Read our Personal Information Collection Statement for details.