Sketch is a powerful software for designing UI and UX of mobile apps and web. The designs created in Sketch can be utilized by app engineers to design mobile apps and by website developers convert designs into websites. The software has features for prototyping and collaboration catered to the needs of UX designers and collaborative design.
Learn the process and techniques through a series of lectures and workshops from basic wireframing to beautiful interactive designs in a short period of time. Define the look of the user interfaces (UI) for digital products including website and mobile app with vector drawing tools, colours system, typography, styles, grids, guides and more.
|Date||:||2020/05/18 – 2020/06/01 (Every Monday and Wednesday evening)|
|Time||:||19:00-22:00 (3 hr each class)|
|Duration||:||15 hour (Total 5 classes)|
4/F, Tungtex Building,
203 Wai Yip St, Kwun Tong, Hong Kong.
|Fee||:||HK$4680 (Early Bird Discount HK$4280*)|
|Language||:||Cantonese + English supporting materials|
|Prerequisites||:||Applicants should be computer-literate with a sound working knowledge of the Windows/Mac operating system.|
|Equipment||:||Bring your own Mac laptop with WiFi connectivity|
*enroll before 8 May, 2020
Intended Learning Outcomes:
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- explain the concept of User Experience Design (UXD)
- apply the UX design process to plan and design UI for mobile app
- employ high-fidelity wireframe technique to create User Interface (UI) for mobile app
- create mockup design for mobile app ready for client presentation
|Lesson 1: Introduction to Mobile App Design (3 hr)|
|Workshop 1: Hand sketch design and Sketch Introduction|
|Lesson 2: Types of Wireframe (3 hr)|
|Workshop 2: Wireframing a Mobile App (High-Fidelity)|
|Lesson 3: Introduction of Design Language System and AOS/iOS patterns (3 hr)|
|Workshop 3: Symbol, Style and Mockup Design|
|Lesson 4: Sketch Advance Features (3 hr)|
|Workshop 4: Plugins, Design Resources and Support tools|
|Lesson 5: Mobile App Prototyping (3 hr)|
|Workshop 5: Basic prototyping in Sketch|
Mix-mode Learning Method:
- Face-to-Face: engage with instructor and industry professionals
- Online Lessons: classes and Q&A sessions can be held via online streaming
- Online Resources: learning materials can be accessed via online learning platform
Who Should Attend:
The workshop is intended for people eager to advance their career in the UX Design or Business Design field, as well as graphic designers looking to explore new opportunities.
On completion of this course/workshop, learners will receive a digital version of the Certificate of Completion issued by GreenTomato Academy. GreenTomato Limited is well recognized by the industry and the knowledge and skills obtained from GreenTomato Academy will serve as a solid stepping stone for your career development.
Marco Ho, GreenTomato Academy
Proficient in managing online marketing campaigns from strategic planning to execution. Cross-disciplinary skills in Marketing, Advertising, Design and Digital Communications. Experienced in education and training in creative thinking, marketing management, digital marketing and design.
- Programme Leader, Digital Marketing and Media Communications, HKDI/IVE
- Deputy Programme Leader, Business with Design Management, HKDI/IVE
- Chief Designer, hongkong.com & china.com
- External Examiner, HD in Design (Graphic Design), Department of Design, CBCC
- Master’s Degree, Design Strategies, Hong Kong PolyU
April 21 – May 5: Ongoing!
May 18 – Jun 1: Now Available!
Complete the following form to apply for this workshop. Applicants will be notified by email with confirmation details and payment methods.
All personal data collected shall be used for purposes relating to the business of Greentomato Academy and all practical measures will be taken to ensure that personal data collected are safeguarded. Read our Personal Information Collection Statement for details.