Sharpen your skillsets by learning the essential skills of a UX professional in this short course. UX research is the keystone in becoming a UX professional for designing extraordinary digital products.
In this short course, you will learn to apply UX research skills through a series of lectures and workshops. Learn the process through practicing and devising UX research plan, conducting research, and synthesizing data to formulate actionable business proposition.
Conduct UX research planning, secondary and primary research.
Perform stakeholder research to discover user/organization needs and pain-points.
Conduct Stakeholder Analysis to uncover business opportunities.
Workshop: UX Planning, Stakeholder Analysis, Competitive Analysis and Empathy Mapping
Synthesize data from Empathy Map for Persona Analysis.
Persona design techniques and essential elements.
Anticipate user scenarios to identify user goals and pain-points.
Workshop: Persona Design
Utilize collected data to map user journey.
Identify key touch-points in user scenarios.
Propose strategy to address user pain-points.
Workshop: User Journey Mapping
Reframing user/business problem into actionable problem statement.
Summarize collected information into insights and identify value innovation.
Employ infographic presentation skills to convey critical information.
Workshop: Reframing Problem Statement, Show and Tell
Course Aim and Outcome
On completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- apply the Double Diamond design thinking methodologies in business context
- adopt the User-Centered Design (UCD) approach to solve end-user problems and drive innovative product development
- employ research skills of a Business Designer to identify organization’s business needs/pain-points and uncover business opportunities
- research, analyze and sympathize findings into actionable business proposition
The course is intended for people eager to acquire the knowledge and skills to work as professionals in the Business Design/Analysis, UX Creative or project executive in Digital Marketing industry.
- Face-to-Face: engage with instructor and industry professionals
- Online Lessons: classes and Q&A sessions can be held via online streaming
- Online Resources: learning materials can be accessed via online learning platform
On completion of this course/workshop, learners will receive a digital version of the Certificate of Completion issued by GreenTomato Academy. GreenTomato Limited is well recognized by the industry and the knowledge and skills obtained from GreenTomato Academy will serve as a solid stepping stone for your career development.
Marco Ho, GreenTomato Academy
Proficient in managing online marketing campaigns from strategic planning to execution. Cross-disciplinary skills in Marketing, Advertising, Design and Digital Communications. Experienced in education and training in creative thinking, marketing management, digital marketing and design.
- Programme Leader, Digital Marketing, HKDI/IVE
- Deputy Programme Leader, Business with Design Management, HKDI/IVE
- External Examiner, HD in Design (Graphic Design), Department of Design, CBCC
- Master’s Degree, Design Strategies, Hong Kong PolyU
| Date||:||2020/08/06 – 2020/08/27|
(every Thursday afternoon)
|Time||:||16:00 –19:00 (3 hr each class)|
|Duration||:||12 hour (Total 4 classes)|
|Venue||:||GreenTomato Academy |
4/F, Tungtex Building,
203 Wai Yip St, Kwun Tong, Hong Kong.
(Early Bird Discount HK$3,490*)
|Language||:||Cantonese + English supporting materials|
|Prerequisites||:||Applicants should be computer-literate with a sound working knowledge of the Windows/Mac operating system.|
|Equipment||:||Bring your own laptop with WiFi connectivity|
Complete the following form to apply for this course. Applicants will be notified by email with confirmation details and payment methods.
All personal data collected shall be used for purposes relating to the business of Greentomato Academy and all practical measures will be taken to ensure that personal data collected are safeguarded. Read our Personal Information Collection Statement for details.